Standard Cobalt Humidity Indicator Cards.
Humidity Indicator Cards (HIC’s) are used to determine when products have been exposed to moisture and humidity above recommended storage levels. They are a low-cost method of indicating humidity conditions inside a moisture barrier bag after vacuum packaging. Each Humidity Indicator Card is printed with moisture sensitive spots, which respond to various levels of humidity with a visible colour change from blue to pink. The humidity inside dry packed moisture / metallised barrier bags can be monitored by including a HIC inside. When the bag is opened, the card can be examined for proper dryness inside the bag. This indicates that the barrier bag and the desiccants are functioned correctly.
In order to constantly verify that dry packaging methods are not compromised during storage and transport of products, Humidity Indicator Cards allow users along the supply chain to monitor the packages conditions. The cards are reversible and change as conditions change in the packaging environment, allowing users to monitor the conditions of product packaging. Alternatively to the Standard Humidity Cards, we offer Cobalt Dichloride Free Humidity Indicator Cards. These provide electronic and semiconductor manufacturers with a JEDEC-compliant humidity indicator card that is free of Cobalt-Dichloride, a chemical regulated under European Chemical Bureau (ECB) REACH directives.
- Humidity indicators are used to quickly detect moisture and humidity levels in packaging (inc. moisture and metallised barrier bags).
- Colours change to indicate RH levels inside of the packaging.
- The composition is composed of Cobalt Dichloride on cardboard.
- Lightweight material.
- Can be vacuumed sealed.
- Early identification prevents damaged items from entering production.
- Identify and/or monitor humidity levels prior to opening inner contents.
- Humidity Indicator Cards conform to IPC/JEDEC 033 standard and IEC 61340-5-1 specifications.
- RoHS and REACH compliant.
- Dry packaging of semiconductor and electronic devices.
- Storing components in moisture barrier bags.
- 3 spot – 5, 10, 60% RH – 125 cards/can.
- 4 spot – 10, 20, 30, 40% RH – 125 cards/can.
- 6 spot – 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60% RH – 250 cards/can.
How Do Humidity Indicator Cards Work?
Humidity Indicator Cards generally range from one spot to six spot cards. Our Standard Humidity Indicator Cards and Cobalt Dichloride Free Humidity Indicator Cards are available in three spot, four spot and six spot.