Standard Cobalt Humidity Indicator Cards are used to determine when products have been exposed to moisture and humidity above recommended storage levels. They are a low-cost method of indicating humidity conditions inside a moisture barrier bag after vacuum packing. Each Humidity Indicator Card is printed with moisture sensitive spots, which respond to various levels of humidity with a visible colour change from blue to pink. The humidity inside dry packed moisture barrier bags can be monitored by including a HIC inside. When the bag is opened, the card can be examined for proper dryness inside the bag. This indicates whether the barrier bag and the desiccants have functioned correctly.
In order to constantly verify that dry packaging methods are not compromised during storage and transport of products, Humidity Indicator Cards allow users along the supply chain to monitor the packages conditions. The cards are reversible and change as conditions change in the packaging environment, allowing users to monitor the conditions of product packaging.
Alternatively to the Standard Humidity Cards, we offer Cobalt Dichloride Free Humidity Indicator Cards. These provide electronic and semiconductor manufacturers with a JEDEC-compliant humidity indicator card that is free of Cobalt-Dichloride, a chemical regulated under European Chemical Bureau (ECB) REACH directives.
- Humidity indicators are used to quickly detect moisture and humidity levels in packaging (inc. moisture and metallised barrier bags)
- Colours change to indicate RH levels inside of the packaging
- The composition is composed of Cobalt Dichloride on cardboard
- Can be vacuumed sealed
- Cards are reversible
- Early identification prevents damaged items from entering production
- Identify and/or monitor humidity levels prior to opening inner contents
- Cartons have a batch number for QA traceability
- Tin quantity could vary
- Complies with IPC/JEDEC J-STD-033 MIL-L-8835
- RoHS and REACH compliant
- CE approved
- Material: Blotting paper impregnated with cobaltous chloride
- Accuracy: Based on ambient temperature of 75°F
- Tolerance: Approx. 2.5% for each 10°F away from 75°F
- Card Size: 3 spot: 5cm x 7.5cm 4 spot: 7.5cm x 3.5cm 6 spot: 3.5cm x 10.5cm
- Standards: Complies with IPC/JEDEC J-STD-033 MIL-L-8835
- Packing: 3 spot: 125 cards per tin 4 spot: 100 cards per tin 6 spot: 200 cards per tin
|3 Spot||4 Spot||6 Spot|
| 5, 10, 60% RH
125 cards per can
|10, 20, 30, 40% RH
100 cards per can
|10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60% RH
200 cards per can
View our full range of ESD packaging and bags.