Discontinued range, stocks available while last. A much more cost-effective alternative to 100 micron Moisture Barrier Bags. Metallised Barrier Bags are designed for the safe packing of SMDs, protecting them from moisture and static damage.
Metallised Barrier Bags are suitable for packing moisture-sensitive and static-sensitive electronic components / devices in an Electrostatic Protected Area. The bags are Jedec compliant, allowing for safe transportation of Jedec trays. Each bag is manufactured with a layer of aluminium that blocks the moisture. Metallised Barrier Bags are durable, strong and lightweight. Dry devices are placed inside the barrier bag and the moisture laden air is evacuated.
The bags are 3.1mil thick as standard and are supplied in packs of 100 pieces. The 3.1mil thick puncture-resistant packaging is suitable for vacuum-sealing and heat-sealing. The bags are available in a wide range of standard sizes, with custom sizes and thicknesses on request.
Metallised Barrier Bags should be used with a Humidity Indicator Card and Desiccant. Humidity Indicator Cards report the effectiveness of the package upon device use. Desiccant filled pouches scavenge the remaining moisture from the bag’s interior which is entrapped by the desiccant. Before each use, ensure that there are no wrinkles or surface scratch, damage or pin holes on the bag.
Key Features of Metallised Barrier Bag:
- Protects electronic components and devices from moisture and static damage
- All bags are supplied in packs of 100 pieces
- Durable, strong and lightweight structure
- Bags are heat-sealable with ‘Faraday Cage‘ protection
- Suitable for the safe packing of SMDs, PCBs or integrated circuits
- Jedec compliant, allowing you to safely transport Jedec trays
- Made with a layer of aluminium that blocks the moisture
- Construction: Static dissipative coating, static dissipative polyester, aluminium shield, static dissipative propropylene
- 3.1mil thick as standard (80 microns)
- The recommended temperature for welding 150-200°C
- ESD symbol printed on the bags as standard
- Fully stocked range of sizes available
- Bespoke sizes and thicknesses available on request
- Surface Resistivity / Resistance: >10^(6) <10^(11) ohms/sq. >10^(6)<10^(11) ohms/sq.
- Static Shielding: 30 volts STM11.31
- Static Shielding: <50 nj STM11.31.2006
- Static Decay: <2 seconds
- Charge Retention: <100 volts
- Puncture Strength: ≥10.2kg
- Burst Strength: 146kg/cm^(2)
- Snap Power: ≥3.7kg
- Elongation Rate at Break: ≥3.3kg
- Tear Strength: ≥0.6kg
- Peel Strength: ≥0.5kg
- Heat Seal Strength: ≥3.7kg
- Thickness: 80micron (3.1 mils) +/- 10%
- OTR: ≤1.4cm^(3)/(m2.24h.0.1MPa) ASTM D3985
- Shelf Life: ≥3 years
- WVTR: ≤0.002 (ANSI/EIA 583 ASTM F1249 (230c 90%RH)
- Appearance: Clean. No wrinkle, surface scratch, damage, pin hole, delimitation, void. No separation on the encapsulation. (Pass)
ESD Standards & Regulations Met:
|IPC / JEDEC J-STD-033, ANSI/ESD S20.20, STM11.31 2006, EIA541, MIL-B-81705C Type 1, IEC 61340-5-1, FTMS101, MTH2065, GB/T 1040, ISO 527-2: , ASTM D639-03, ASTM D-638, GB/T 16578-96, ASTM D1938-02, ASTM D-1876-72.|
For a large volume quantity or a bespoke quotation, please contact us on +44 (0)1793 511000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view our full range of ESD Bags, see here – ESD Bags | Bondline Electronics.