Click here to view our ESD Permanent Flooring case study.
Colorex is an advanced technical flooring system specifically designed to control static discharge in sensitive areas such as cleanrooms, operating theatres, pharmaceutical industry and the electronics industry. Not only does Colorex provide an advanced technical solution, but it is also aesthetically pleasing, enhancing any commercial interior from industrial to educational establishments.
Colorex SD Static Dissipative Tiles
Colorex SD is a static dissipative homogeneous floor covering in tile format with permanent ESD properties. Because of the dense network of dissipative veins, static charges flow easily through the floor to earth. Colorex SD tiles can withstand the most demanding conditions and offer a perfect solution for highly sensitive areas such as cleanrooms, and for demanding production sites in the electronics, life sciences and manufacturing industry.
Colorex enables safe electrostatic discharge through the whole thickness of the tile. The conductive mass throughout the tile is formed of a dense network of tiny carbon black veins permanently static dissipative floor, connection between tiles through the conductive adhesive and connected to earth through copper strip. Colorex SD Static Dissipative Tiles can be applied in newly built laboratories, clean rooms, pharmaceutical laboratories, production sites and operating theatres.
In industries such as the pharmaceutical industry where electronic components or volatile chemicals are involved, static electricity can result in significant damage, injury and financial loss. All active electronic components and equipment e.g. micro-chips, integrated circuits and machinery are sensitive to electrostatic discharges (also known as ESD events).
Even when areas and people are equipped to handle such static-sensitive devices, inadvertent contact and damage can occur. Bondline’s ESD Permanent Flooring can safeguard your entire process. These systems can be designed to produce a floor tailored to meet your specific needs.
The Colorex System
Colorex can be used in many different applications. It can be installed by fully adhering it directly to a subfloor or bonding it to a raised access floor panel. It can also be laid as part of a loose lay tile system. Colorex is available with three levels of conductivity.
In highly sensitive health care areas, and anywhere that has strict hygiene requirements, it’s vital that floor-to-wall transitions are water-tight, perfectly hygienic and aesthetically pleasing. The integrated coving system creates a perfect seal for these critical areas using the same Colorex material.
- Tile format ensures less wastage than sheet – Environmentally-friendly
- Fully complies with all ESD standards and cleanroom standards.
- Offers a lifetime conductivity warranty guaranteeing optimal performance throughout the life of the product.
- The dense construction provides a pore-free surface ensuring the highest hygiene properties.
- Excellent resistance to heavy loads – an ideal solution for industrial and commercial environments.
- The surface can be fully repaired – extending the useful life of the product.
- Available in tile format – enables quicker installation.
- The conductive coating on the chips ensures that the unique electrostatic dissipative properties are consistent throughout the product.
- The construction guarantees a long life conductivity that remains unaffected by changes in humidity and temperature.
Benefits of using Bondline for your ESD Floor Installation:
- Over 30 years’ experience of installing ESD flooring.
- Advice on floor preparation and most appropriate material to us.
- Variety of materials to choose.
- Complete supply, deliver and install package.
- Installation by our recommended fitters with experience of floor installations.
- Test Certification.
- Annual testing/certification if required.
When establishing an electrostatic protected area (EPA), making the correct choice of ESD flooring is essential to ensure that sensitive electronic components and assemblies are adequately protected from the harmful effects of electrostatic discharge (ESD).
Click here to view our full range of ESD Flooring.
Cleaning and Maintenance
For optimal performance of the flooring, follow these floor care guidelines:
- Remove dust and loose dirt with a vacuum or damp mop. Allow the floor to dry.
- Dry polish thoroughly with a low speed single disk machine and red pad. Recommended you perform two passages with crossing strokes.
- If you prefer a shiny appearance, perform an additional dry polish with a white or yellow pad. High speed can be used but is not absolutely necessary.
- For small rooms or areas with light traffic: wipe daily with impregnated single use tissues.
- For large rooms or areas with heavy traffic: spray clean with a low speed, single disc machine and red pad. This cleaning method is also best suited to raised floors.
ESD & Cleanroom Flooring
- Audit on your current floor.
- Advice on which floor is best suited to you.
- Preparation Of Floor.
- Full Install.
- Test Certificate of ESD Conformance provided on completion.
- Annual Testing and Calibration.
- Cleaning services of your ESD floor.
Colorex ESD Permanent Flooring can be applied in the following areas:
- ESD facilities.
- Pharmaceutical laboratories.
- Production sites (electronics, manufacturing, life sciences).
- Operating theatres.
Colorex EC satisfies the strictest requirements for particle release behaviour, helping to reduce any threat of contamination.
Specification and Downloads
|Length x width
||61.5 cm x 61.5 cm
To view this product’s downloadable files, click on the links below.