ESD Lab Jackets can help prevent damage to sensitive electronic components that are being assembled or packaged within a protected area. These garments have been specially designed to be comfortable for the user.
Anti static clothing is an essential part of many electronic manufacturing and engineering companies, including labs, health environments, precision engineering environments.
These ESD Lab Jackets are manufactured using a static dissipative material for use in ESD protected areas. The conductive yarn ensure the garments eliminate static and prevent the effects of electrostatic charges being built up from non-ESD clothing. The fabric is constructed using 65% polyester, 32% cotton and 3% conductive yarn.
They are lightweight, comfortable and have three pockets. An ESD symbol is on the breast pocket only. They are machine washable up to 60°C. Embroidery of Logo’s also available on request, please contact us.
ESD clothing should always be seen as another vital aid in an ESD protective area. Static control products are there to minimise effects of electrostatic charges being built up from non-ESD clothing. It’s best to invest in quality ESD clothing than having to spend a great amount of money and time in replacing items damaged from static.
- The fabric is constructed using 65% polyester, 32% cotton and 3% conductive yarn.
- They are lightweight, comfortable and breathable.
- They have 3 pockets with poppers to open and close (one breast pocket and two on lower sides).
- Each lab jacket weighs 131 g/m^(2).
- Sizes range from small to XXXX large.
- They are machine washable up to 60°C.
- Manufactured from static dissipative material for use in ESD protected areas.
- ESD susceptible symbol features on the breast pocket.
- Available in blue or white.
- Bespoke colours available on request.
- Embroidery of logo’s also available on request, please contact us.
- RoHS and REACH compliant.
- Compliant according to IEC-61340-1-5 International Standard.
White lab jacket
Blue lab jacket
Other colours available on request.
Why Choose Our ESD Lab Jackets?
Here at Bondline, we ensure that we use the highest quality fabrics and static dissipative materials to provide excellent ESD protection. Additionally, our ESD clothing range is specially designed to be comfortable and light-weight for the operator to ensure maximum satisfaction and increased productivity.
- Very practical – shorter length makes it easier to move around in.
- V-neck collar, 2/3 in length, 3 pockets with poppers (one breast pocket, two on lower sides).
- Super lightweight, breathable and comfortable.
- Compliant according to IEC-61340-1-5 International Standard and RoHS and REACH standards.
- Bespoke customisation – colours, logo embroidery, etc.
- Competitively-priced and high-quality.
- Unisex style.
How Do ESD Clothes Work?
The main reason as to why people wear ESD smocks is to shield their insulative clothing and minimise the electric fields generated from their clothing. By wearing these protective clothes, it allows static fields to be suppressed on employee clothing. The conductive fibres woven into the material provide a ‘Faraday Cage’ effect that prevents dangerous fields from extending to and damaging sensitive products. Therefore, allowing an ESD-safe area.
As touched on above, clothing material is a significant factor to consider when selecting what to wear in your Electrostatic Protected Area (EPA). If your clothes are manufactured from synthetic fibres then they can generate great amounts of static charge and could potentially cause damage. However, if the fabric is an insulator it can cause catastrophic results when in contact with static-sensitive components; this is because an isolated charged insulator cannot be grounded. When working with ESD sensitive equipment, you should also consider your sleeves and waist since they can produce several thousand volts (a significant electric field to expose nearby conductors) that may induce charges on nearby isolated conductors.
Bondline’s antistatic smocks, on the other hand, are specifically designed to prevent damage to sensitive electronic components that are being assembled or packaged within a protected area.
To view our full range of ESD garments, click here.