Corstat® Chip Boxes provide a cost-effective method of safely shipping micro-chips, PCBs, CPUs, and small electronic devices
Manufactured from Corstat conductive fibreboard, the chip boxes maintain a high quality finish whilst offering exceptional protective performance. Corstat chip boxes, often referred to as microchip packaging, are supplied as standard with high density pin stick grade conductive foam in the centre, with low-density conductive foams on the wings to encase your product. The chip boxes can be designed and manufactured to meet your specific requirements. Besides being incredibly cost-effective, the chip boxes provide guaranteed ESD protection for your electronic devices.
Corstat Chip Boxes are available from stock in a wide range of standard sizes for quick delivery, if required. Standard sizes can be expected to be delivered within 2-3 working days*. However, if you have a bespoke requirement not catered for by the stock lines, you can specify a custom size or special print to the exterior surfaces. Corstat Chip Boxes are available to order as fully assembled with foam (this can either be high-density or low-density conductive foam) or as flat/unassembled without foam. If you would like to request a specific foam, please get in touch.
Why use Corstat Chip Boxes?
Electronic components such as microchips can be particularly vulnerable to electrostatic discharge (ESD). Damage from static can greatly reduce their lifespan or cause them to become completely unusable. Corstat® Chip Boxes have been designed specifically to protect static sensitive electronic components from this.
Creating a “Faraday cage” effect, the chip boxes channel any static charge around the outside of the box, protecting the static sensitive contents within. The addition of foam inserts also provides a higher level of protection, not only from ESD but also from physical mishandling. This dual degree of protection ensures that any microchips or electronic components/devices you are storing, handling, or transporting will remain free from damage, minimising any potential costs to your business.
Key Benefits of Corstat® Chip Boxes:
- Reliable ESD protection
- Range of standard sizes for varying applications
- “Faraday cage” design protects contents from static
- Can be created in bespoke sizes
- Specific Surface Resistance: <10⁴ Ohm
- Buried Shielding Layer: <10⁴ Ohms/sq
- Reliability and durability guaranteed
- Physical protection against mishandling during storage and shipping
- Custom sizes and exterior print available
- Corstat material is environmentally-friendly, and safe to handle (eliminates PPE costs)
- Quick lead times, deliveries take 2-3 working days approx
- 10-year guarantee on effectiveness of Corstat® coating, reducing lifetime costs
- Supplied either fully assembled with foam or flat-packed/unassembled without foam
- Assembled boxes come with either high-density or low-density conductive foam
- Compliant to IEC-61340-5-1 International Standard for safe use in static controlled areas
- All the advantages of Corstat® conductive fibreboard
|IEC 61340-5-1 compliant||CE approved|
|RoHS compliant||REACH compliant|
Customise Your Corstat® Chip Boxes
If our standard chip boxes do not quite fit your specific requirements, the Corstat chip boxes can be customised to a bespoke size or design, including customised exterior print. Exterior printing enables you to add your company branding / logo, instructions, part, batch numbers, or health and safety instructions to the packaging.
To enquire, please get in touch with a member of our team on +44 (0)1793 511000 or send us an email with your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to assist in configuring or designing the most suitable product for your requirements. With the help of Bondline, you are certain to find the ideal solution for you.
Explore our full range of Corstat® packaging products.