A handheld, portable, digital electrostatic field meter with a rotating chopper that detects and accurately measures electrostatic fields.
This Electrostatic Field Meter measures electrostatic fields, potentials and discharge time on packaging, enclosures, operating equipment, monitors, etc. The automatic field to voltage conversion (V/m -> V) can be set according to the selected distance. The static field meter is very stable and requires zero adjustments. Supplied with a rechargeable 9V battery, grounding cable and a carry pouch. The field meter’s display is LCD and has two rows.
Compliance verification should include periodic checks with an ESD field meter to determine if high charging material is present in the electrostatic protected area. All packaging and other materials that may be electrostatic-generative to 2000 volts must be kept a minimum of 12″ from static sensitive components and devices at all times. It is proper to rub an item and measure that it can charge. Please refer to our technical datasheet to find the meter’s measuring range.
Key Features of Electrostatic Field Meter:
- Power Supply: 9V rechargeable battery (IEC6F22)
- Display: 2 row LCD- display
- Range: 0-160kV / 0-800 kV/m
- Dimensions: 70 x 122 x 26mm (W x L x H)
- Weight: 130g (without battery)
- Colour: Yellow with black conductive outer case
- Recommended Calibration Interval: 2 years
- Device is handheld and portable
- Rotating chopper
- ESD protective symbol featured in lower left-hand corner of device
- Detects and accurately measures electrostatic fields, potentials and discharge time
- Very stable and requires zero adjustments
- 1 year limited warranty
- All items are CE approved and RoHS and REACH compliant
- Compliant according to IEC-61340-5-1 International Standard
- All test instruments are manufactured to the very highest quality allowing qualification to council directives 89/336/EEC
- Rechargeable 9V battery
- Grounding cable
- Carry pouch
- User manual
- Test certificate
Meets the Following ESD Standards & Regulations:
|IEC 61340-5-1||Qualification to council directives 89/336/EEC|
|RoHS compliant||REACH compliant|
View our full range of ESD Testing Equipment.