Our premium, best selling ESD Bench Mat controls Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) allowing static electricity to transfer safely to ground while protecting the surface of the sensitive devices during production. A great addition to any workplace.
Example ESD Bench Mat Workstation:
This anti static mat is ideal for laying on workbenches in the workshops or laboratories of microelectronic industries. It provides excellent ESD protection for operators working with static-sensitive components in an EPA and the textured finish adds extra operator comfort.
KSMLF bench matting is 2mm thick and is manufactured from a 2-layer synthetic rubber. The matting’s top layer is static-dissipative with a conductive backing giving a typical resistance to ground = 106-108 ohms. The textured surface allows for easy cleaning and maintenance. The bench matting is excellent for use in any Electrostatic Protected Area. If you would like to learn about how to correctly set up an Electrostatic Protected Area, click here.
Selecting the right ESD matting for your needs can be hard. For ESD matting guidance, click here.
Features of Bench Mat:
- Durable, 2-layer, synthetic anti static rubber mat.
- Material is 2mm thick.
- Standard rolls are 10m long.
- Resistant to solder splash / hot paste and abrasion. The material doesn’t melt if in contact with hot metal parts or soldering debris. (Cheaper PVC based rubber mats are not solder proof.)
- The surface is scratch-resistant so it prevents sliding of components.
- Bench mat is very easy to clean especially with Staticide Mat and Table Top Cleaner.
- The top layer is static-dissipative with a conductive backing giving a typical resistance to ground = 106 – 108
- Can be loose-laid at the workbench. No adhesives required.
- Fully RoHS and REACH compliant.
- Meets requirements of EN61340-5-1, US ESD Associations ANSI S4.1 and S20.20 guidelines and conforms to BS IEC 61340-5-1.
- All matting can be cut and studded to suit all customer requirements.
Anti Static Mat Grounding
For a mat to effectively ground an item, the mat must be either conductive or dissipative and be connected to a suitable grounding point. When using an anti static mat you should also use the correct grounding equipment; if a static charge was to be present it would go directly to Earth.
Our essential grounding equipment includes:
We also offer a work station kit that includes all the essential grounding equipment for your workbench. This is great for personal use or small businesses who are looking for a great value, compact grounding kit. To view our work station kit, click here.
Our matting is currently stocked in our warehouse and is safely stored. Our matting is stocked on a regular basis to ensure we can support our customer’s needs.