Field work is perhaps the most risky situation of handling ESD sensitive devices as there are usually many potential ESD sources in the environment. It is also often the most neglected aspect of ESD damage prevention. That’s why it is important to invest in a Killstat field service kit.
Bondline’s Killstat field service kit is a simple, portable mini EPA designed to allow engineers to repair static sensitive components or devices at off-site locations when away from a permanent workstation to ensure safe work to the IEC-61340-5-1 standard. This enables individual components in areas like computer server and control rooms to be inspected, repaired or replaced without the risk of doing further damage and having to transport the item back to a fully installed EPA. The field service engineers kit is also great for use when servicing equipment which incorporates static sensitive electronic components or devices, to ensure a path to ground to Earth and a static-safe environment.
The ESD field work kit is highly visible, compact and comes with a 3-layer static dissipative work surface mat, fully adjustable wrist strap and all connecting cords and Earthing leads so you can safely work to IEC-61340-5-1 requirements. Each kit comes with a hard-wearing carry pouch to keep everything neatly packed away. Ready to use in minutes, the kit can be simply unfolded and connected to Earth with ease.
Please note: When using the ESD field service kit, all ESD sensitive components and devices should be laid only on the mat.
Each Kit Includes:
- x 1 static dissipative work surface mat, 600 x 600mm (with 10mm stud)
- x 1 hypoallergenic, adjustable, fabric wrist-strap (10mm stud)
- x 1 coil cord, 3.6 metres (12ft) (with 10mm snap)
- x 1 straight CPG cord with croc clip (3 metres)
- x 1 hard-wearing packing wallet
- Material Composition: 80% Polyvinyl Chloride, 12% Polyester, 8% Carbon Black
- Surface Layer: 10^(7) – 10^(9) ohms/square
- Buried Layer: 10^(3) – 10^(4) ohms/square
- Creates an instant EPA for static safe working, even at remote locations
- Pouch colour ensures the kit is easily visible
- Self-contained kit keeps everything safely stored and neatly to hand
- Ready to use in minutes
- Grounding kit is easy to carry and store
- Great for engineers working at off-site locations who need a temporary EPA
- Supplied with fully adjustable wrist-strap and all connecting cords and Earthing leads
- Work surface mat is 600 x 600mm when open
- Supplied in a hard-wearing pouch
- Select from colours blue or red
- Features ESD protective symbol on pouch for easy identification
- Compliant according to IEC-61340-5-1 International Standard
- RoHS and REACH compliant
ESD Standards & Regulations Met:
|RoHS compliant||REACH compliant|
Due to variations in computer monitor displays, colour shown may not be exact.
See more of our ESD matting range.